Thank you for your interest in contributing to A Richer You!
*If you are interested in contributing for a business or brand, contact us here to discuss our sponsorship opportunities.*
We offer a byline or compensation for each accepted post.
Here’s what we’re looking for in return…
- 100% original content.
- Full rights to the article — allowing us to use it here and in any future ebooks or projects.
- 700-1500+ words (we prefer at least 1000).
- Pictures/graphs/screenshots when applicable.
- Your participation in sharing the article.
We’re looking for writers with fun and creative insights on how to make, save, and invest money. All the better if you can make the story personal and share detailed strategies, advice, and numbers!
Read other articles on ARicherYou.com to get a feel for the site’s style and tone. We’re informative and passionate about making money topics engaging for our readers. Please review our blog content to make sure that we haven’t already written about the topic that you’re pitching.
Focus on providing value and being useful. How will your article help our readers live richer lives? Share detailed instructions that others can follow, interview experts, and write content that will engage readers all the way to the end of the article.
We are open to a variety of formats, but the posts that are most likely to be accepted will fall into one or more of the following styles:
- Experiential: Telling your story. Example topics would include: “How I landed a manager job right after college”, “This is how we lived on $10,000/year”, “Here’s how we made money while homeless”.
- Expert advice: This either means that you’re a credible expert on the topic or you’ve interviewed one (or several). Topics could include: “Interview advice from Fortune 500 recruiters”, “How business professors prepare for retirement”, “Money and marriage: tips from a counselor”.
- Lists: The right lists can be an incredibly valuable resource. Ideas include: “20 websites that help you save money”, “10 date ideas under $10”, “12 career tips from a healthcare executive”.
- How-to guides: We’ve already shared a few above, but how-to guides’ are awesome. We’ll consider topics like: “How to pay off your student loans in 5 years”, “How to maximize your company’s retirement benefits”, “How to talk to a family member about finances”, etc..
The more zany the story, the better. We’d love to hear about your experience making money as a street performer or starting a business while in college.
Finally, we have a few requests regarding articles that you send us:
- Create an awesome headline for the article.
- Understand that writing and formatting a blog post is not the same as an essay or paper. Write a great intro, clear section headings, and link/reference other sources to improve credibility. Read this Hubspot article for further tips on how to write/format a blog post.
- Proofread, edit, and get a friend to proofread!
- Send us a link to your file as a Google Doc (which is a free tool) if possible. However, you can also email us a Word document if you are unfamiliar with Google Docs.
Because we only publish content that we believe is both well written and valuable for our audience, we cannot accept every submission. However, we will strive to respond to every submission and, if time permits, offer our feedback.
Ready to write? Use the form below to send us a pitch or a link to your completed article. We’ll try to respond to your submission within one week.