Ebates offers cash back every time you shop at popular online stores like Walmart, Amazon, Ulta, Lowes, Groupon, and Best Buy. Earn anywhere from 1-20%+ on purchases you make every day. Brands pay Ebates to send them customers, and Ebates splits what they earn with you!
After reading our Ebates review, if you’re ready to give it a try, you can join Ebates here and receive a $10 sign up bonus!
Pros and Cons of Using Ebates
Should you sign up for Ebates?
Let’s take a look at the benefits and drawbacks to this cashback shopping platform.
Pros of Using Ebates
- Ebates gives you cashback on the shopping you already do at thousands of stores.
- Ebates is 100% free to use.
- Ebates makes it quick and easy to earn cash back on online purchases.
- Ebates offers in-store cashback for some brands.
- Ebates pays you quarterly, with no minimums.
- Ebates as a Chrome extension that makes it easy to receive cashback on any of your online shopping.
Cons of Using Ebates
- Ebates requires you to visit each store through their website in order to make cashback, requiring additional time (unless you use the Chrome extension).
- Ebates doesn’t always have the best cashback rates – sometimes other cashback portals provide better payouts.
Although there are a few drawbacks to using Ebates, provided you have the time, it’s almost always worth using.
Ebates Signup Bonus
The Ebates signup bonus offers new users $10 in cash after making a purchase of $25 or more within 90 days of signing up.
After sign up, use Ebates to visit your favorite store (including Amazon) and spend $25 or more. You will then receive $10 deposited into your Ebates account.
Ebates Referral Bonus
The Ebates refer a friend program gives you anywhere from $5-25 for every friend you refer to Ebates who creates an account an makes a purchase of at least $25 within 90 days.
In addition to receiving your referral bonus, the friend that you refer will also receive a $10 sign up bonus for joining!
Is Ebates a Scam or is Ebates Legit?
There are thousands of Ebates reviews and Ebates testimonials that confirm the legitimacy of Ebates.
Personally, I have earned over $700 from Ebates – with my biggest commissions coming from purchasing laptops from Dell when they were offering 10% cashback – earning me $100 on my $1,000 laptop.
One important item to note is that you must start your shopping trip from Ebates in order to earn cash back. If you open Ebates on your phone, but make the purchase from your computer, you won’t earn cash back.
Additionally, if you use coupon codes that aren’t available on the Ebates website, you may lose your cash back bonuses.
Use Ebates Chrome Extension for Easy Cashback
To make it easier for you to receive cash back, Ebates has built a Chrome web browser extension.
After setting up your Ebates account, install the Chrome extension and Ebates will notify you anytime you can save extra money before making a purchase. You’ll never miss out on cashback opportunities again!
Get Cash Back with Ebates In-Store Purchases
You can also earn cash back for certain in-store purchases. Visit the “in-store purchases” page on Ebates and register your credit card for specific stores. Then, when you shop at those stores in person, you’ll earn cash back!
Ebates Alternatives and Competitors
There are several alternatives to Ebates that are worth mentioning.
- TopCashback: This is another leading cashback platform – and one that also offers a $10 bonus after spending your first $25.
- iBotta: iBotta is an app that pays you for scanning receipts showing that you’ve purchased specific items in-store. iBotta also has a $10 sign up bonus.
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks offers cashback, in addition to paid surveys and other offers. Earn points instead of dollars, and cash out the points for gift cards (including for PayPal and Amazon) at a rate of $0.01 per point. Swagbucks will give you a $5 bonus after earning 25,000 points (spending $25 days).
For a full list of other cashback shopping sites (many with sign up bonuses that give you free cash) visit our cashback shopping sites comparison page.
What is the Best Cashback Shopping Website?
Ebates is one of the best cashback shopping websites, but it doesn’t always have the best prices.
If you want a quick-and-easy cashback shopping site with no minimum cashout threshold, then Ebates is all you need!
However, if you want to maximize your cashback on large purchases, I recommend comparing prices between Ebates and the other top cashback websites.
Just remember, the more purchases you make through cashback websites, the more money you’ll save. Image how far your money would go if you could reduce the cost of all of your purchases by 5-10%!
Ebates let’s you do just that.
Have you used Ebates or other cashback shopping sites? What tricks have you learned to help maximize how much money you make?